The open call for Futuristica Volume 1 is closed.
For authors from whom we specifically requested an initial submission, please feel free to use the contact form, email, or Facebook to contact us.
All stories submitted using the submissions form should have received either a Decline or Hold message by now. If you have not received any response to your story, please contact us immediately.
Submissions Guidelines & Payment Information
- We pay 6 cents per word against a pro rata share of royalties.
- We buy first rights and exclusive eBook rights for 6 months after the date of publication.
- We do not purchase reprints.
- We accept simultaneous submissions.
- Manuscripts should be in standard manuscript format.
- Manuscripts should be between 3,000 and 10,000 words.
- No prior publishing experience is required.
- Story content must be original. We do not accept fan fiction or derivative works.
- We prize diversity, specifically stories that include multicultural backgrounds or lead characters of atypical ethnic origins. Basically, while we have nothing against heterosexual white American males, we feel they are already adequately represented in science fiction and we want stories about the rest of humanity.
- We are interested in character-oriented fiction.
- We want stories with awesome female protagonists.
- Zoë Washburn? YES!
- Princess Leia? Definitely!
- That blonde girl from The Temple of Doom? No!
- Bella? Hahahaha. No.
- Can the story contain sexual content? Absolutely! However, the sexual content should be integral to the story, but not the whole story.
- Does there have to be sex in the story? Nope.
- No demeaning sex acts.
- No rape. Period.
- Stories should explore science fiction, scientific fantasy, space opera, emerging technologies, etc…
- We have a preference for near future, near Earth settings.
- No high fantasy, please.
- No dragons or dinosaurs, unless they also have lasers.
We are committed to responding to submissions as quickly as possible. Manuscripts will be evaluated in the order in which they are received. We will update this page regularly with the date for which we are currently reviewing manuscripts.
If the review date listed at the top of this page has passed the date on which your manuscript was submitted and you haven’t heard from us, you may query us using the Contact page. Please include a subject line of “Submission Query” and the author and title of the manuscript.